Minneapolis and St. Paul Sod Services
Whether it's new construction project, a specific area of your existing lawn, or completely starting your lawn over, Lakes Landscape Services has the capability to handle all of your sod needs. Our company has rolled thousands of miles of sod and we know what it takes to get your new sod installed and make sure it survives and looks great.
Professional Sod Installation - Don't Settle For Less
Installing sod correctly is an art. When it's done properly, you will achieve a great looking, healthy lawn. Done incorrectly and you'll be left with a dying lawn with a short future and an expensive tab. Our company has taken the time to refine and improve the process by which we install your sod to give you the highest success rate possible.
Your Steps To A New Yard
Lakes Landscape Services uses a two phase installation procedure for laying your sod:
Phase 1 - Site Preparation
- Clean, Clear, Clarify: We start by clearing out all of your old existing grass and debris and make sure they've been properly disposed of. This is what we like to call "cleaning the palette".
- Rough Grade: After we take off a layer of topsoil, we'll smooth out the remaining topsoil. This is followed by landscape grading.
- Landscape Grading: We make sure the drainage is away from the structure to ensure proper drainage.
- Top Spoil: Healthy grass needs at least 4" of top soil to flourish. We use a pulverized, screened soil with peat moss mixture. This is the same as giving your lawn a V-8. It contains the good stuff your lawn will need to thrive.
- Final Grade Work: Top soil is added and spread out as necessary. This soil is used for grade work away from the foundation of the structure to ensure drainage away from structure. Low areas are filled in and plant beds are established.
- Rolling Grade Work: A lawn roller is used to smooth out, settle and firm the grade before the sod is installed.
Once the site preparation has been completed, we will promptly move to the installation of your new sod.
Phase 2 - Installation
- Installation: We will install your new sod. This means laying of the new sod, getting everything lined up properly, and making sure there are no gaps and everything looks great.
- Final Roll to Smooth Out Sod: This will smooth out the new sod, level it as well as press out trapped air beneath the sod.
- Cleanup: This is where we'll clean up and extra sod which wasn't used, pick up any debris, sweep up and make sure the area looks nice and clean.
- Water: This is the most important step after the sod has been installed. We leave a set of instructions for watering and how to care for your new lawn for you to follow. We can do just about everything for you, but once we leave, it's up to you to continue to take care of your new lawn.
Protect your investment in your new lawn by contacting us about installing your new sod. We handle both residential and commercial services.